Monday, May 13, 2013

Blog 13


What was your favorite poem? Your least favorite poem? Why?
My favorite poem was my Papa's Waltz, just because I felt like I took a different interpretation of it than a lot of people did. My least favorite poem was Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird. I didn't have any interest of learning about a blackbird.

What was your favorite short story? Your least favorite short story? Why?
My favorite short story is Girl. I really enjoyed how it's written, and mostly how it relates to her life to a T.
My least favorite is Bartleby, because I felt like there was so much more information left to be known. It was a similar feeling of wanting to tell someone something and then forgetting what it was. That feeling of missing something is what I got throughout the whole story.

Should next semester's ENGL150 students read Death of a Salesman?

I'm rather indifferent. If there is another play/film that capture the aspects that you are trying to teach, I would go with that. Probably something that will capture the attention of the viewers more quickly.

How did you feel about watching Hollywood versions of Bartleby and Death of a Salesman? Is there utility in seeing a visual version of something you're responsible to read?

I definitely think being able to see them, rather than just reading them. I was able to get more out of watching it than just reading, definitely!

What was your favorite in-class activity? What was your least favorite in-class activity?

I didn't really have a favorite or non-favorite part of class.

You'll notice that I didn't have your small groups present (even though the syllabus claimed you would). Did you miss that? Would you have rather that whole-class discussions were led by students doing presentations?

No, I am the type of person who does better in small groups. Presenting in front of everyone would pretty much make me forget any knowledge I learned. I am fine in small groups, but being in front of everyone is not a good deal for me. I would almost consider skipping class, rather than presenting in front of everyone.

Finally, what are your feelings on the creative blog entries? Which entry did you enjoy most? Least?

I feel like writing the blog was easy itself. But, because I've never done if for a class, I always ended up forgetting about it until last minute because it was something I was not used to doing or having to remember. I liked the aspect to not have to type something up and hand it in, and rather just have it online.


I can honestly say none of them were my favorite, but my least favorite would having to post as if I were the character.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback. For someone who wasn't that enthralled with DOAS, you seemed engaged in small groups with it!

    ReplyDelete